So, it’s that time again. The time when the festival season gets into full swing. If you thought your festival days were over when little Annika or Andreas came along, then you’d do well to check out our mini festival guide. These are the best family friendly festivals that are sure to be great fun for the whole family!!
1. The Big Chill – When: 5-8 August. Where: Eastnor Castle Deer Park. Malvern Hills, Herefordshire Who: Massive Attack, Thom Yorke, Roots Manuva, Gregory Isaacs, Lily Allen.. What: For yummy mummys and daddys who still enjoy good times and with a dedicated “Club Mum Area”, a kids tent and boutique babysitting facilities, the Big Chill makes that possible.
2. Belladrum – When: 6-7 August. Where. Inverness-shire. Who: Amy MacDonald, Feeder and Divine Comedy. What: A laid-back festival, set against the backdrop of Scotland’s beautiful highlands.
3. The Green Man – When: 20-22 August. Where: Brecon Beacons. Who: Flaming Lips, Doves and Billy Bragg. What: A child friendly festival with designated family camping area, a film tent and comedy line up. There is even a boutique babysitting service available. Best of all you are encouraged to bring your own instruments to join jamming sessions around the campfire.
4. Serenata - When: 27-28 August. Where: The Smedmore Estate, Kimmeridge. Dorset. Who: Katherine Jenkins, Russel Watson What: Britain’s first classical music festival. Family friendly with its own dedicated kidszone, cafe and even a kids classical concert.
5. Notting Hill Carnival - When: 29-30 August. Where: Streets of Notting Hill, West London. Who: Everyone who loves music. From Soca, and Samba to Hip Hop & Steel Bands. What: Europe’s biggest street festival, celebrating an array of sounds, food and culture. Sunday the 29th is kids day, with 20 miles of beautiful costumes, food and music.
Don’t Forget Your Essential Festival Gear!
Amidst all the celebrations don’t forget to keep your little one’s ears protected. They have extremely sensitive hearing and very little protection against noise. Peltor KID’s, effectively block out harmful noises without shutting out other ambient sounds – allowing your little one to enjoy the atmosphere. The ear protectors come in lime green and pink – both for high visability and fun!!
Peltor Kids Ear Defenders are available at KIDSEN. Click Here for Details.